Thursday, June 5, 2014

Operation Nursery is a go!

Hey y'all!!

This weekend is super exciting because we're finally starting to set up Liam's nursery!!!! We were going to finish sanding and painting the crib this weekend but Jeremiah jacked up his shoulder lifting weights, so we're painting the dresser instead. I am so excited! We're going to do a basic navy blue all over, and then once I buy the acrylic paint - in yellow of course, I'm going to add some pinstripes to give it a bit more life and detail. Hopefully we can also change out the knobs, it just depends on what we find out in town. (I'm telling you! Don't take Home Depot for granted people, because one day you will find yourself on a tiny ass island overseas and something as simple as finding knobs for a dresser will turn into the hunt for Atlantis lol.)  
Because the dresser is currently housing his OS diaper stash, extra inserts, liners (so excited about cloth diapering) and various gifts (mostly clothes) we have received along the way, I'm going to take this opportunity to start organizing his clothes and closet. I know it doesn't seem like much but I'm super excited to finally start setting up Monk Monk's space and with my third trimester coming up (although I feel great), I really want to get all the big things, i.e. furniture projects taken care of so I can really focus on adding all the finishing touches for the remainder of my pregnancy.  
The other day I was telling Jeremiah that I feel so incredibly blessed for experiencing such an easy pregnancy. In addition to the fact that we're married, stable, loving and absolutely over the moon about our son, I haven't really experienced any of the "ailments" of pregnancy. I've had very little to no morning sickness (there was that one time a few weeks ago with the mac n cheese though), debilitating fatigue, soreness, pain - nothing really and it has truly helped curb some of my anxieties about being a FTM. (My emotions can be all over the place sometimes though.) And as an added bonus, it has made it all the more easier to enjoy this wonderful phase of life. With that said, I understand that everyone is not keen to this type of experience. In fact, I understand that for some people, pregnancy is a very scary and difficult time in life. For anyone who may be reading this who has experienced or is experiencing a difficult, high-stress or high risk pregnancy, please know that my genuine prayers are with you. And regardless of what you are going through or dealing with, whether it be emotional, physical or environmental, always remember that no matter what you are an angel on earth who has been hand selected to watch over and guide one of the Lord's most precious creatures. You are the second coming of Superwoman and the original 3-D printer! 

GET SOME!!!!
<3 ya!!

P.S. I will try my best to capture our weekend project/adventure on camera...I just need to find my battery charger!!!! 

1 comment: