Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bumpdate: 30 Weeks!!!


You saw the title...let's  get into it!

General Stats
Getting closer!!!!!!

     30 weeks -- can you believe it?!? I swear I say that every time but really, can you believe it? This past week has been pretty uneventful. We did make some major headway in the nursery but of course I'll talk more about that during Operation Nursery; and like the rest of my pregnancy I'm still relatively symptom free. I guess you could say I'm battling the typical third trimester discomfort but I take it with stride, drink lots of water and generally just listen to what my body, and obviously what my baby needs. I have given into my sweet tooth though...blame the typhoon lol.
     When should I start taking bets on Prince Liam's arrival? Any takers?




Baby Buys
   
      I totally cracked on my no buy, but I swear it was completely justified. And they were pretty small purchases so no biggie. I ordered a hanging wet bag for the changing station and finally found a map big enough for the main nursery wall. See, told you nothing major. Well, there were those 2 new outfits and the ridiculously adorable elephant bookends for his bookshelf but that's neither here nor there. I would show you a picture but we still need to find a bookshelf, which oddly enough has proven to be way more difficult than I assumed (mostly because of price...I'm not spending $20 on a USED bookshelf that costs $15 new in the regular world)...gotta love Oki. I'm not worried though, we'll find one sooner or later.
    (Shameless registry plug)
Amazon
Target

Don't Forget About Mama
     SO MANY LISTS!!!!! Nursery checklists. Packing lists. To-do lists. Lists, lists and more lists. It's a little overwhelming but I'd rather be overly organized than running around like a chicken without a head. When I'm not obsessing over lists, I've been dedicating some time to just relaxing and reading whatever catches my mind. Right now I'm really enjoying Half of Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It's kind of an oldie (written in 2006) but it is a wonderful story with great character development. In the world of non-fiction, I'm sampling a few different books about natural childbirth and so far they have all been really helpful and full of information. I just want to be prepared...or least informed. 

Operation Nursery


His diaper station wall! I just love the mirror.
     Lots going on in the nursery!! Well not a whole lot but it's coming together and I couldn't be happier. As you can see from the picture all of his diapers are prepped and ready to go! I just love the way they look displayed on the wall . On the left is his newborn stash which mainly consists of prefolds and covers, although we do have a couple newborn pockets and one all-in-one. On the right is his one-size stash and we still need about a dozen more before saying it is complete. We did register for one-size diapers but just incase none are gifted to us we're totally prepared to purchase whatever else we need. Isn't this wall just the best! I'm so glad I was able to find a circular mirror, I really don't think a rectangle or square would've had the same affect. 
     But on the same subject of walls, the map I ordered finally came in and although it was a bit of a challenge for me to hang it up, I absolutely love the color it brings into the room.
I kind of want to get an inspirational quote or scripture vinyled to go above it but I'm not entirely sure. I mean it looks great without it but I don't know, we still have some time so no rush. 

     I still plan on doing a full nursery tour (picture or video...I haven't decided yet) in August, but I want to wait until after the shower because I feel like then it'll be at its most complete. I'm really happy with how it has turned out so far and just can't wait to finish it. Moreover, I can't wait for Liam to see it. 









Extras


(Acquired from Tumblr)
     Isn't this picture simply amazing? I found it on mamaamoon's tumblr (check her out y'all. She's super chill) and just had to download it for myself. It just really speaks to me and I love it. It's amazing to think that in 9 weeks, give or take 2 weeks, I'll be holding one of God's most precious creations -- gosh, our lives are going to change so much. Jeremiah and I give all thanks and glory to God because we know none of this would be possible without him. Furthermore, we are very appreciative of the wonderful support system we have found in our Okinawa family, you guys are so amazing and loving. And of course we are beyond greatful for our stateside family as well. We love all of you so much and thank you from bottom of our hearts for already showering Liam with so much love. Uh, I'm going to start crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment